Senior Ingest Developer
Company: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Apply advanced skills to develop data visualizations utilizing
- Provide technical expertise to other team members as needed in
order to define and resolve technical problems as needed and meet
- Experienced in information system design, including application
programming on large-scale database management services and the
development of complex software to satisfy design objectives.
- Will analyze functional business applications and design
specifications for functional areas and develop block diagrams and
logic flow charts.
- Will translate detailed designs into computer software.
- Will test, fix, and refine the computer software to produce the
- Will prepare required documentation, including both
program-level and user-level documentation.
- Will enhance software to reduce operating time or improve
Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Management Sciences,
Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline
is preferred with 7 years of relevant experience in software
development OR 11 years of relevant experience in software
- Working knowledge and experience with data visualizations in
such as D3
- Ability to work in an operational environment where priorities
- Proficient at gathering and interpreting relevant data and
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, good
customer relationship skills, especially in a highly dynamic
- Experience with Linux, Agile SDLC, Java
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence,
- Experience with MySQL, Elastic Search, Hadoop, HBase or
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced
and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of
the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with
other members of the staff as well as individuals across the
Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers,
Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a
40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times
and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be
available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available
to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must
not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put
forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and
promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the
organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized
with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline
requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and
pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle
records check. Must be a US citizen.
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Chantilly , Senior Ingest Developer, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!