Company: The Aerospace Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's
space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing
unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally
funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly
engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative
solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems
for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our
team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers,
thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and
diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion
and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than
The Systems Engineering Division (SED) provides unmatched
experience in systems engineering to the U.S. government and to
numerous public and private agencies, universities, nonprofit
organizations, consortia, and commercial companies involved in the
advanced application of space technology. From systems architecture
development to system analysis and optimization, astrodynamics,
orbital debris, navigation, failure analysis, mission assurance,
cost and schedule assessment, and economic market analysis, SED
exploits an incredibly broad array of engineering and business
disciplines against a diverse and dynamic portfolio of programs and
The Performance Modeling and Analysis Department (PMAD) consists
of a team dedicated to providing groundbreaking solutions to
government and commercial customers by performing detailed and
complex modeling, analysis, and optimization of orbits, satellite
access, and system performance to provide customer decision support
for future space architectures.
What You'll Be Doing
- Providing leadership and technical oversight of software
development efforts focused on modeling, simulation, and
optimization of space systems to support program office and
- Coordinating with customers and key stakeholders to define
simulation needs, software requirements, and modeling
- Working closely with other software developers to lead and
direct teams in the design, architecting, implementation, testing,
and deployment of high-performance computing capabilities.
- Independently and collaboratively developing new modeling and
optimization capabilities to leverage high-performance computing
- Leading user engagement and support, incorporating feedback to
direct evolution and strategy of software development
- Supporting users through coordination and engagement with
documentation of capabilities in user manuals, software
documentation, status reports, presentations, and seminars.
What You Need to be Successful
- BS degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or
- 8 years of experience in simulation software engineering.
- Experience with parallel/cluster computing and associated
methods, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experience in object-oriented software design, implementation,
and testing in C++ and/or C.
- Familiarity with interfacing with other languages such as
Fortran, Python, and Java.
- Experience with software engineering concepts and the software
development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, test,
- A current and active TS/SCI, which is issued by the U.S.
government. U.S. citizenship is required.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Graduate degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
or related field.
- Prior experience in system analysis, modeling, simulation, or
- Experience in orbital mechanics, or space applications.
- Experience with interfacing C++ and Python applications.
- Background in distributed systems, multi-processing,
multi-threading, event-driven software architectures, graphical
interface design, or data visualization.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of
our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of
8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service
and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and
vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility,
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of
life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that
we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our
best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an
environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing
perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color,
religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national
origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical
condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other
characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs
assistance using our online job search and application tools or
need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application
process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment
Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay
Transparency Policy Statement.
Keywords: The Aerospace Corporation, Chantilly , Software Engineer, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!