Project Engineer III - Readiness
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and
extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds
leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise
IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national
security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and
secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government
agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian,
health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000
employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges
facing our customers.
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or
0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Must have and maintain an active TS//SCI security
- Strong System Engineering or Systems Integration experience
with knowledge of each step of the system engineering V.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with senior government
customers, keep all stakeholders informed, vet and prioritize
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and recommend
solutions for problems/issues.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and
- Responsible and reliable; follow up on actions and the ability
- Experience with GEOINT, SIGINT and/or COMM systems and overall
space and ground architecture
- Experience with core Systems Engineering Disciplines
(Requirements, Schedule, Risk, Readiness, System Closure, VV&T,
- Working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with change
management processes (e.g., RFC process).
- Familiarity with the Intelligence Community, and associated
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability
to lead technical forums.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools.
- A passion for learning, helping others, sharing team knowledge,
and contributing value to the mission in any way possible.
Project Engineer III Readiness Engineer
The primary objective of this Intelligence Community contract is to
provide integration and closure; foundational system engineering
processes; mission assurance; service management; Model Based
Systems Engineering (MBSE); & Verification, Validation and
Transition (VV&T) systems engineering and technical support
services to an Intelligence Community customer that will enable it
to execute its responsibilities efficiently and effectively while
ensuring mission success.
The team is responsible for overseeing the acquisition-level
closure of requirements; overseeing system level readiness events
in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones;
leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and
risk; maintaining the document configuration management baseline;
providing technical support for the planning and execution of
enterprise and system-level verification, validation and transition
activities for national assets; generating and presenting
engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers.
Additionally, Peraton is responsible for configuring, operating,
and maintaining the customers Systems Engineering business process
tools as well as developing an integrated approach to implement
Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE). As part of the Readiness
team, you will be responsible for conducting the Life Cycle
Readiness Process for Infrastructure Services as well as System and
Enterprise level Domain milestones.
This Intelligence Community contract conducts detailed assessments
of acquisition programs to support the design, development, and
deployment of intelligence collection systems. Support will span
all aspects of the project development lifecycle from upfront
conception planning, to requirements construction, oversite of
development contractors, test & inspection, and through operational
Candidates will be aligned to one or more projects based on both
assessing candidates skills and experience, and by understanding
candidates career aspirations to ensure they are supporting a
project that aligns to their career path.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Primary area of responsible is to assist the government in
determining the overall maturity of an acquisition at each stage of
the Intelligence Community Lifecycle acquisition process.
- Work directly with the customer developing readiness execution
plans, entry and exit criteria, schedules, product review
checklists and other products necessary to execute successful
readiness reviews of new or modified capabilities/services for the
enterprise and system.
- Plan, schedule, and lead weekly tag-up meetings for your
assigned Independent Review Team (IRT) events.
- Operate Readiness management tool to support the
identification, control, reporting, and auditing of review item
- Review IRT findings and develop initial recommendation for
- Draft initial out brief of team findings and coordinate with
all appropriate stakeholders in advance of the final IRT
For Colorado Residents
Colorado Salary Minimum: $67,662.40
Colorado Salary Maximum:$144,643.20
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this
position, and is just one component of Perspecta's total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include
annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and
program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety
of benefits to employees.
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Project Engineer III - Readiness, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!