Company: Guest Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring a full time Grill Cook for
our client location in Chantilly, VA!
This position is full time, Monday thru Friday, and comes with
benefits such as:
meal credits towards breakfast and lunch
options for medical, dental, vision, etc.
401K savings program
paid holidays plus additional paid time off
- employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities
Please note: this location is not metro accessible
~US Citizenship is required for this position. All employees
must submit to a federal background check~
The responsibility of the Grill Cook is to prepare, cook, and
serve food items on the grill and to coordinate with the Executive
Chef on all daily and special function menus.
- Responsible for setting up, restocking, and breaking down of
- Responsible for the daily production of meal items and daily
- Responsible for preparing daily specials, hot sandwich
production, and sides to be placed in the hot slide for
- Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing,
seasoning, cooking and tasting, meats, vegetables, and other
- Food preparation will include operating a variety of kitchen
equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting
and shredding food, and trimming and cutting meat and poultry.
Report all malfunctioning equipment to the supervisor.
- Taste food products, read menus, estimate food requirements,
check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan
- Control food production to ensure that extra food products be
recycled or disposed of properly to manage food waste
- Responsible for cleaning all equipment and utensils used in the
grill prep and production area
- Maintain temperature logs and signage for the grill
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them
immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education required; High School
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to
assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and
communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent
movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry,
reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or
otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35
lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Ability to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator
walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to
understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability
to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and
co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with
other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
Keywords: Guest Services, Inc., Chantilly , Grill Cook, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!