Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Senior Director
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: October 8, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes
an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize
the nation's housing finance system while being part of an
inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will
help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise,
and make your career.
In this compelling leadership position, you will plan and direct
the work of a unit whose team design and implement components of
technological structures, create solutions with a process-driven
view, and maintain and/or update existing structures. In this role,
you will coordinate business unit operational activities through
the support of your team.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Senior Director role
will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while
working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the
- Determine diverse and complex customer group needs by applying
understanding of important strategic issues to the
- Plan and direct the work of multiple teams in translating
functional requirements into technical solutions to meet
- Oversee existing structures, as well as the implementation and
ongoing monitoring of governance for their use according to
- Direct modeling, analysis, and planning to drive functional
strategy execution or define the approach toward complex or unusual
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 8 years of experience in Enterprise Architecture and managing
- Bachelor degree or equivalent; Master degree preferred
- AWS Certifications will be preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in solution architecture,
systems architecture and engineering, analysis and applications
- Expertise in implementing complex full stack solutions
including API, Micro-Services, Streaming etc in large Enterprise
- Hands on experience leveraging object-oriented design
patterns and domain driven design principles.
- Proficient with REST standards and best practices and hands-on
experience in developing RESTful APIs.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in working with AWS as a
solution architecture. Experienced with AWS VPC design and
Implementation, Cloud formation scripts, AMI, Consolidated Billing
for multiple AWS accounts.
- Familiarity with Planning, Design, Road maps, POC
implementations for AWS Cloud technologies.
- Familiarity with leveraging ECS, EKS and Fargate services.
- Familiarity with AWS database services such as PostgreSQL RDS,
- Expertise in designing solution architecture with a view
towards resiliency, availability and very comfortable in designing
Failover and Recovery strategies.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and technologies for IaC
such as Terraform.
- Familiarity with designing logging framework for cloud watch
for all deployed apps.
- Should have designed & worked on Jenkins, Bitbucket, Docker,
Elastic Bean Stalk for DevOps teams.
- Good Knowledge of AWS services such as ELB, ElastiCache,
CloudWatch, CloudTrail, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, App Mesh.
- Familiarity with maintaining ACL, Security Groups and firewall
- Should have developed sharing strategies for future scaling and
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts
and answer critical questions.
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing.
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others,
facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict.
- Skilled in supporting, controlling, monitoring, and management
of large, complex, and sometimes geographically-dispersed IT
infrastructure and applications in order to optimize IT service
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs,
outputs, and process.
- Experience using software and computer systems' architectural
principles to integrate enterprise computer applications such as
xMatters, AWS Application Integration, or WebSphere.
- Relationship Management including managing and engaging
stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship
networks, contracting, etc.
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and
identifying resources to meet the defined objectives.
- Working with people with different functional expertise
respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal.
Experience using VMWare
Skilled in Visio
Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
Experience using JIRA
Skilled in using storage software such as NetApp, Nimble, and Pure
Skilled in Jenkins
Skilled in HOPEX
Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
Skilled in using virtualization software such as Microsoft Hyper-V,
VMWare vSphere, or Citrix XenDesktop
Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and
Skilled in Java
Skilled in using PowerShell to automate tasks that manage Microsoft
operating systems and processes
Skilled in Kubernetes to automate application deployment, scaling,
Job REF ID: REF6670T
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Chantilly , Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Senior Director, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!