Sr. Team Lead, Sr. Proposal Coordinator
Posted on: November 12, 2021
DescriptionSAIC is looking for a Team Lead, Senior Proposal
Coordinator to join our proposal team. This is a working manager
position responsible for managing a team of proposal coordinators,
as well as supporting proposals. Occasional travel may be possible.
This role is a hybrid of remote work and onsite. When supporting
unclassified deals, the work can be performed remotely and when
supporting classified deals, the work is onsite . Candidate needs
to be located in the DC metro area. The successful candidate will
be responsible for the following:
- Supervise/manage in-house proposal coordinator staff through
training/mentoring, establishing performance goals, and conducting
- Manage assignment of in-house proposal coordinator staff to a
dynamic pipeline of opportunities.
- Work with Proposal Development Center leadership to
develop/propagate proposal process and toolkit items. Coach
proposal coordinators on the implementation of process/toolkit
items on proposal efforts.
- Provide proposal coordinator training to ensure consistency
across all proposal coordinators and ensure that all processes are
- Assists proposal managers in providing day-to-day supervision
of the proposal process as they plan and build high quality,
winning responses to requests for proposals and Government
- Assists proposal managers in maintaining the proposal schedule,
configuration control of proposal files, planning/control
documents, and baseline outlines in accordance with the RFP and the
proposal review process.
- Works collaboratively with a wide range of personnel, including
book bosses, technical and business subject matter experts,
authors, capture managers, contracts managers, and production staff
to facilitate efficient and effective proposal development.
- Supports proposal managers with proposal collaboration tool
support, user access, artifact population, and backup.
- Serves as the interface between the proposal team and
production staff and provides guidance and status reports to the
proposal manager on production matters.
- Identifies and proactively helps resolve major writing and
- Facilitates desktop publishing, graphics, editing, and
reproduction activities throughout the proposal lifecycle.
- Works closely with the proposal manager and color review chair
to support reviews with management and internal subject matter
experts, including setting up reviews, sending review
invites/notices, preparing review materials, and merging review
- Assists the proposal manager in reviewing proposal artifacts
for compliance and responsiveness against solicitation
- Serves as backup to the proposal manager when he/she is not
available to host stand-up meetings or answer
- US citizen with an ACTIVE Secret security clearance and ability
to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelors Degree and 10 years or more of related experience;
Masters Degree and 8 years or more ; or additional years experience
in lieu of degree.
- Experience as a team lead or manager of a small team.
- Experience mentoring personnel and new hires on coordination
roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience assisting in the
preparation/maintenance of proposal management artifacts (e.g.,
outline, compliance matrix, schedule, and proposal cross-reference
- Excellent interpersonal/communication (written and oral) skills
and organizational skills.
- Ability to productively collaborate with a wide range of
personality types while meeting assignment demands.
- Experience supporting local and virtual team members across
various geographical locations.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to work efficiently and
effectively with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks
- Excellent computer skills, including high level of proficiency
with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word, and
- Local to the DC Metro area.Desired
- Active TS clearance
- Experience or familiarity with Virtual Proposal Center
- Experience or familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and
InDesign.COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be
required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC
employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of
vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new
employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at
Contact Us (https://www.saic.com/contact/contact_us) and must have
an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment.
Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take
precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.REQNUMBER: 2110244SAIC is
a premier technology integrator, solving our nations most complex
modernization and systems engineering challenges across the
defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our
robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in
systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud
services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and
training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united
purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston,
Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion.
For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the
benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA
Keywords: SAIC, Chantilly , Sr. Team Lead, Sr. Proposal Coordinator, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!