Ground Systems Engineer
Posted on: November 22, 2021
* Location: *
* Date Posted: *2021-10-20
* Category: *Engineering and Sciences
* Subcategory: *Systems Engineer
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Travel: *Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Minimum Clearance Required: *TS/SCI with Poly
* Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: *None
* Potential for Remote Work: *No
Join a winning team! SAIC's National Security and Space (NSS)
Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the National
Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is
responsible for designing, building, and operating national
security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the
ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for
energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their
knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
SAIC is seeking a Ground Systems Engineer with NRO experience to
provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services
to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC)
customer for a complex space and ground effort as part of an
exciting and innovative set of programs.
This position supports a System Program Office (SPO) in a technical
capacity for planning, execution, monitoring, and oversight of
satellite system development and acquisitions that advance the
NRO's space resiliency posture. While seniority is a plus and a
knowledge of systems engineering is required, this position can
accommodate a junior engineer that is eager to learn and grow in
their knowledge and experience of the art of systems
The ground system engineer will join a team of on-site SETAs
working a Major System Acquisition (MSA) with responsibilities that
may include but not limited to the following:
* Recommends solutions and methods appropriate for digital
communications that cross classification boundaries (multi-domain
security environments - Collateral and SCI).
* Provide oversight of acquisitions, with specific focus on the
ground systems elements, functionality, interfaces, and operations
to ensure end-to-end system closure.
* Capture system requirements and develop system baselines.
* Maintain, expand CONOP development, refine Ground Segment
requirements and Verification and Validation (V&V) Ground
* Conduct full lifecycle engineering reviews including System
Requirements Reviews (SRRs), System Design Reviews (SDRs),
Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs) and Critical Design Reviews
* Support and participate in system Configuration Management
process including Engineering Change Proposal, Engineering Review
Board/Configuration Control Boards (ECP, ERB/CCB).
* Identify system development risks, construct risk management plan
and risk mitigation approaches.
* Represent the government client to development contractors and
ensure proper messaging between the same.
* Support Contract Officer/Contract Officer Technical
Representatives (CO/COTRs) and developers by coordinating with
other technical domain Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and program
stakeholders to achieve a detailed understanding of the systems,
designs, and interfaces necessary to satisfy mission
* Work in a team to ensure proper requirement V&V methodology
is codified and executed by the developer, including determining
test strategy and coverage based on a technical risk assessment for
each use case or functionality.
* Providing oversight of ground segment acquisition, with specific
focus on the system engineering processes to ensure end-to-end
system closure and satisfaction of mission need.
* Reviewing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliverables to
ensure content, technical accuracy, and sufficiency of design
details to meet program requirements and objectives.
* Participating in technical interchange meetings between
developers and the COTR
* Minimum Qualifications:*
* Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with Counter-Intelligence
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical
discipline and 9 years or more relevant experience; Master's degree
in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 7 years
or more relevant experience.
* Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement
* Strong written and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team
* Knowledge of how ground systems are designed, specified,
developed, manufactured, and tested.
* NRO experience and strong understanding of NRO mission.
* Experience with delivering ground systems to NRO Ground
* Experience with AGILE development - understanding of AGILE
* Experience with C2S and developing in a cloud environment.
* Desired Qualifications: *
* INCOSE ASEP or CSEP, PMI PMP certification.
* Strong understanding of C2, Mission Management, data processing
data workflows, interfaces, etc--- related to Ground Segment
* Experience using systems engineering processes, methods, tools,
and program roles to develop, implement, and deploy solutions for
* Proven technical and program management background.
* Current NRO-adjudicated clearance and polygraph.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to
adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be
fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their
first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an
exemption to the vaccination requirement at [Contact
Us](https://www.saic.com/contact/contact_us) and must have an
approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer
site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence
over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC-- is a premier Fortune 500-- technology integrator driving our
nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of
offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence
markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital,
artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise
and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we
integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our
partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient
solutions that are critical to achieving our customers'
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by
purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an [Equal
fostering a respectful work culture based on [diversity, equity,
that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia,
SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more
information, visit [saic.com](http://www.saic.com/).
Keywords: SAIC, Chantilly , Ground Systems Engineer, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!