Senior Systems Engineer (RF Communications)
Posted on: June 15, 2022
The Senior Systems Engineer (SE) provides technical leadership
and technical expertise for the design, development, and evaluation
of end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their
full development and operational life cycle. In this position, the
SE will provide technical oversight for a Radio Frequency (RF)
collection system across the full development life cycle through
the final system sell-off. In addition, the SE provides essential
support to Project Management for risk identification, and risk
- Evaluate/review test plans/procedures related to the RF and
ensure traceability to client requirements and government standards
through formal verification methods to achieve requirements
- Model and perform Link Budget Analysis for mission
planning/targeting, and evaluating collected data.
- Evaluate detection strategies for RF signal collection.
- Provide support to client programmatic and technical
- When necessary, assist the COTR and INFOSEC engineering teams
develop system accreditation documentation.
- Identify risk and suggest risk mitigation strategies.
- Attend and assist the customer in major development milestone
reviews such as SRR, CIR, PDR, CDR, and monthly reviews.
- Attend relevant testing milestones and provide independent
recommendations to the government Project Manager.
- Assist in the review and assessment of contractor deliverables,
and provide an independent assessment.
- Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA
or 10+ years with Ph.D.
- TS/SCI w/polygraph (active).
- Proven expertise in RF engineering principles and
- RF collection system experience.
- 10+ years of troubleshooting RF systems.
- 7+ years' experience deriving/verifying RF system
- Understanding of various antenna solutions.
- Experience with modeling tools (STK, Builder).
- Experience with MATLAB (or similar) for signal processing.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering principles.
- Previous experience working within our customer's
- Ability to travel CONUS each month for program reviews.Desired
- Experience using Virtual Machines/LINUX environment.
- Master's degree or higher in engineering, science, or other
related technical disciplines.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and
extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's
leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise
IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national
security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and
secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government
agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian,
health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do
the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our
customers.Colorado Salary Minimum: $101,000
Colorado Salary Maximum: $245,100
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this
position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation
package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses,
short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In
addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Senior Systems Engineer (RF Communications), Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!