Company: EK Fox
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Title: IT Specialist (Security Clearance)
Reports to: IT and IMCS Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt ($35-50/hour)
* The IT Specialist will be part of a team responsible for
safeguarding information systems by identifying and solving
potential and actual security issues. The candidate will assist in
support and troubleshooting of current network environments,
hardware configurations, and design and implement new systems.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
* Identify critical flaws in applications and systems that cyber
attackers could exploit.
* Conduct vulnerability assessments for networks, applications, and
* Conduct network security audits and scanning on a predetermined
* Solid understanding of Windows and UNIX/Linux operating
* 3-8 experience implementing, operating, and supporting Tenable,
Rapid7, or similar technologies in Classified environments using
* Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
* Advanced proficiency at self-management within a team
* Strong sense of customer service
* Willingness to learn, self-starter; able to work
* Active Security Clearance.
* Certifications: CompTIA A+ CE, Cisco CCNA-Security, CompTIA
Network+ CE, (ISC)2 SSCP.
* BS or Associates degree in Engineering, Computer Science,
Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related field
Leading Through Vision and Values
* Performs all IT and non-IT related duties in alignment with E K
Fox Core values.
* Supports efforts to make E.K. Fox a global leader of innovative
and creative solutions and applications.
* Expresses passion and enthusiasm about the new and/or challenging
* Understands how the IT tasks fit into the larger goals and
priorities of each project.
* Anticipates how the IT requirements of a project will affect
other aspects of project milestones and deliverables.
* Recognizes the individual work habits motivations of each team
member and is objective and open-minded when discussing task goals
* Seeks to understand the particular work styles of other project
team members as well as understand the impact of his/her behavior
and actions on others.
* Deals with any conflicting opinions about drawings or other
assignments productively and professionally to reach a positive
* Completes assigned tasks while respecting and responding to other
team members obligations and workload.
* Seeks out opportunities to collaborate with other members of
design team in order to create opportunities for improving tasks of
* Willing to ask others for input on drafting tasks in order to
improve quality and compliance with specifications.
* Actively participates in project team meetings to ensure that any
needs or constraints are known to other team members.
* Works productively with all project team members and does
whatever it takes to get the job done the right way and meet
* Follows through on commitments to project team, can always be
counted on to get the job done.
* Avoids blaming others, admits mistakes and takes responsibility
for drafting tasks.
* Takes his or her professional development seriously and strives
to further his or her career through internal and external
* Monitors his or her own progress towards specific goals and
objectives at the project level as well as against the performance
* Brings sound forethought to programs and anticipates issues.
* Receptive to discussing alternative approaches with the team
modifies approach appropriately when given new information.
* Adopts a solution-oriented approach to any other tasks assigned
in the office, finding ways to overcome obstacles.
* Takes pride in meeting deadlines of projects and organizes time
of self effectively to meet deadlines.
* Carries out drafting tasks in a thoughtful and timely manner,
involving other members of the project team as appropriate.
* Continuously attempts to achieve the best outcomes for the
project, and productively works to remove any barriers that would
impede such a result.
* Understands how IT tasks affect the ability of employees to
fulfill their obligations for the end-user.
* Takes pride in setting up tasks to meet project deadlines in
keeping with IT standards.
* Responsive to internal clients needs (designers, engineers,
project managers) and works with each in a productive fashion to
exceed project goals.
* Provides clear and complete information, verbal or written form,
related to status of drafting tasks when asked.
* Proactively asks questions to ensure understanding of drafting
tasks to be completed and the deadlines for completing them.
* Uses email effectively to communicate with team members.
* Straightforward and honest in communication with other members of
the project team.
* Takes personal responsibility for the quality of drawings that he
or she creates.
* Readily acknowledges his/her own mistakes or limitations on a
particular drawing task and avoids blaming others for potential
* Adheres to all EKFox policies and procedures, as well as the Code
of Conduct and EKFox Core Values.
Quality and Resourcefulness
* Learns new knowledge and skills as needed to meet the standards
and improvements in IT practices.
* Seeks out input from other project team members in looking for
better ways of completing tasks.
* Suggests opportunities for improving the IT function at EKFox and
open and receptive to exploring different alternatives.
About EKFox Specialized Design Group:
The Specialized Design Group was formed with the specific objective
of addressing the more complex and specialized infrastructure
requirements of a select group of confidential clientele which
includes work of national interest. In the course of supporting our
clients, the Specialized Design Group continues to grow, offering
significant opportunities for development and advancement.
Contributing to the success of several mission critical markets,
the Specialized Design Group allows creative mangers, intuitive
engineers and technical experts to grow in a fast paced, team
based, broad spectrum, hands on environment.
The Specialized Design Group works in close coordination with our
clients to identify and resolve technical and operational
challenges from inception, identification and definition to
fabrication, integration, testing, implementation and continuing
support for the life of the system. One day may be designing and
troubleshooting satellite based command and control systems for
OCONUS facilities and the next may be hands on testing of a
specific COTS power system to determine its feasibility for a
Offering proven expertise to our clients in the form of strategic
consulting, engineering design, systems integration, testing and
commissioning, construction, operations and maintenance, training,
research and development and forensic analysis, we know and do what
it takes to ensure the mission succeeds and enjoy great
satisfaction from knowing the difference our work makes.
Keywords: EK Fox, Chantilly , IT Specialist, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!