Network Administrator - Service Desk
Posted on: September 23, 2022
OVERVIEW: VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure
Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our
clients' mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive
array of design, integration and implementation services as well as
fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of
leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services
to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services
and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with
extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Chantilly, VA US (Primary)
JOB DESCRIPTION: VAE has an opening for a Network
Administrator-Service Desk position supporting the Army National
- Provides Tier 2 IT operations control support using ITSM
ticketing system such as BMC Remedy and/or ServiceNow in the form
of systems and as a technical generalist that resolves incidents
and requests independent of further escalation to dedicated
- Provides Help Desk ticket escalation support to the Army and
DISA for all DODIN-A(NG) and DODIN-A(NG)-S issues above or outside
the direct O&M of the RCC-NG, including mobile device
- Independently provides advanced level technical interpretation
and solutions in the management of networks, software, hardware,
configurations, and architectures.
- Troubleshoots system hardware and software-specific issues
using Cisco, Palo Alto, and Microsoft tool sets.
- Trains end users on the proper use of hardware and
- Applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained
through advanced education and work experience.
- Authors and updates job aids, technical documentation, and
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of eight years of relevant IT experience
including hands-on service desk / Tier 2 support
- Baseline certifications needed to achieve DoD 8570.01-M
Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II. (CompTIA Security+
- Computing environment certifications needed to achieve DoD
8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II. (IE Cisco
or Microsoft Certification)
- An active Secret security clearance.
CERTIFICATIONS: DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT)
We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other
protected characteristic under state or local law.
Keywords: VAE, Chantilly , Network Administrator - Service Desk, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!