Systems Engineer IV (Requirements Engineer)
Posted on: December 4, 2018
Overview Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers. Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together. Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories Responsibilities Program Description LANDMARK Acquisition Office Support (AOS) is a large SETA contract responsible for the complete end-to-end life cycle of the customer's Ground Enterprise. The Project performs technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analysis for critical government systems. As SETA's we assist government procurement agencies develop acquisition strategies, work statements, evaluation plans and qualify vendors. We are involved through the entire acquisition life cycle, from pre-award planning through solicitation preparation, contract award, contract administration and contract close-out. We support system cradle to grave and everything in between. We work to constantly improve acquisition policy and procedures to devise strategies for deploying and implementing new acquisition initiatives and measuring the effectiveness of these implementations as part of the system acquisitions we support the development acquisition plans, source selection documents, Independent Government Cost Estimates (ICE), justifications and approvals, synopses, and requests for proposals/quotes/bids. We assist in the development of acquisition packages that include but are not limited to Request for Changes (RFCs), Statements of Work (SOWs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and development contracts. You will be expected to lead and/or support various program technical and management forums and meetings to include Engineering Review Board (ERBs), Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), Program Management Reviews (PMRs), and Business Management reviews (BMRs) and Project Readiness Reviews. What You'll Get to Do: You will provide the System Engineering & Technical Assistant (SETA) support where you will design, develop, evaluate and modify end-to-end systems and systems-oriented projects through their entire life cycle. You will perform technical planning, systems integration, acquisition planning, risk analysis and engineering analysis for major ground systems. You will have the opportunity to drive innovation across the organizational enterprise. You will have the opportunity to work across multiple engineering disciplines and domains. You will support the generation of quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisitions, ensuring requirements comply with government standards through formal verification methods. You will translate high level capabilities and development strategies into system and program requirements. You establish and coordinate development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development including changes to current government processes. You design interfaces and bring system elements together so they work as a whole across the entire enterprise. More about the Role: Work with Acquisition Office (AO) and developers to generate RFCs for schedules, installations, interfaces and requirements. You will be part of and work in a dynamic team-oriented environment and follow established system engineering procedures while supporting proposed changes to existing practices. You will have daily interaction with customer, development contractor which necessitates technical consultation, meeting coordination and preparation and support to technical briefings. You will be required to use your breath of knowledge to review program and project deliverables for technical accuracy and quality. You will work with M2C2 AO and developers to review and access RFCs for M2C2 impacts. You will need to be able to respond to ad-hoc customer taking within short time constraints. It requires excellent written and communication skills and includes working with users to understand their needs and requirements for scheduling of satellite ground systems. Monitor all aspects of one or more operational systems to maintain high levels of availability and capability. Engage with developers, various customer organization internal and external to GED and other GED SETA's on system changes, enhancements or issues that potentially impact the M2C2 project. Advise Contracting Officers Technical Representative (COTR) on RFC impacts. Prepare and provide weekly briefings to the customer on areas of responsibility. A critical role is to identify and document risks, issues and opportunities impacting GED systems in development and operations. There is a potential for travel to support customer review, installation and project testing. We need someone who is a self-starter who is not afraid of fighting an uphill battle but who will work to drive innovation in to process that currently no one wants to follow. We need someone who is not afraid of a challenged but willing to truly leave their mark on the overall organization. Qualifications Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD. You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- TS/SCI w/CI poly
- Satellite ground systems knowledge
- Understanding of GEOINT
- Requirements management experience, preferable with DOORS
- Experience with acquisition processes and space, ground or communications systems
- System Engineering processes - full system lifecycle experience - architecture products, interpretation of user requirements, allocation to segments within a system, requirements development and documentation, risk management, verification and validation, etc.
- Demonstrated capability and success working in team environments
- Strong communication and briefing skills with peers and senior leaders
- Excellent ability to work within team structure
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forms These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related field (Aerospace, Electrical, Math or similar technical degree)
- Experience related to end users and working CONOPS development for new missions.
- Experience in developing resiliency systems, plans and CONOPS to ensure high mission availability What We Can Offer You:
- Perspecta knows that, without a doubt, our people make the difference. That's why, along with helping our customers achieve their mission success, our people are our top priority. We go a long way to assure that, from the moment you apply online to the time you arrive at orientation, you are made to feel like you are just that-a priority.
- We have a passion for technology and thrive on innovation and creativity. We are committed to providing our employees with professional challenges and opportunities for career development. Perspecta's people collaborate with leading industry experts to solve our customers' hardest and most challenging problems.
- If you are inspired by working alongside some of the most intelligent, creative and driven people in the industry in an environment where new ideas are encouraged at all levels, make Perspecta your priority today.
- It takes more than competitive salaries to attract and retain the best employees - they deserve great pay, a flexible work environment and solid, sustainable benefits. Perspecta's benefits program was created and evolves frequently to ensure we provide our employees with the peace of mind they need to enjoy their work and life outside of work.
- Our employees value the flexibility at Perspecta that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives. Options
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Systems Engineer IV (Requirements Engineer), Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!