Experienced Image Scientist
Posted on: May 19, 2019
VBK2P5We are seeking an Image Scientist for a program located in
- Provides imagery science support specifically related to the
exploitation of Multi-spectral and/or SAR/Radar imagery to assist
the government/contractor team in optimizing the collection and
exploitation of various types of imagery data.
- Collaborate with and provide scientific analysis support to
full spectrum GEOINT (FSG) data to imagery and geospatial analysts,
to leverage the value-added support to sharpen their assessments of
current intelligence issues.
- Applying Multi-spectral and/or SAR/Radar and programming
techniques and capabilities to mission issues, as well as
investigating innovative and emerging technologies to incorporate
- Evaluation of commercial, academic, and outside approaches and
algorithms, refinement, development of measures of effectiveness,
improvements to system capabilities, and creation of new procedures
- Formal and informal written reports and briefings are necessary
to capture plans, schedules, status updates and results.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading
manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and
security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled
scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and
you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and
for the world.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security
Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the
past 24 months is considered active.)
**A TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph is required prior to starting
Basic Qualifications(Required Skills/Experience):
- Current and Active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- A minimum of 5 years experience in image science, remote
sensing, earth science, physical science, or similar science field
- 5 or more years of experience in scientifically processing
various imagery types from National, Civil, and Commercial imaging
systems, proficiency with techniques, algorithms, and scientific
analysis of imagery data processing.
Desired Skills (Preferred Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors Degree in Physics or related discipline
- Experience performing image processing using ENVI and ERDAS
- Experience with GOTS applications such as FSTK and AGITK.
- Experience communicating effectively in writing and oral
presentations, complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal
supervision, and the ability to work cooperatively and effectively
as a team member.
Typical Education and Experience:
- Technical bachelor's degree and typically 14 or more years'
related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 12 or
more years' or a PhD degree with typically 9 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of education and
experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree,
or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology
field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Space and Launch
United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, Chantilly , Experienced Image Scientist, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!