Big Data Engineer, Analytics
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Technology is constantly changing, and our adversaries are
digitally "going dark" at a rate that is exceeding law
enforcement's ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting
the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed
to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. The Government has
trusted in Peraton to provide the technical ability, tools, and
resources to bring criminals to justice. In response to this
challenge, we are seeking a talented Big Data Engineer with a focus
What you'll do...
- Provide entity resolution expertise in support of a large scale
search and discovery application
- Work closely with entity resolution subject matter experts,
program engineers and stakeholders to integrate complex data
sources into operation and develop new analytics and
- Support advanced data exploitation capabilities using Hadoop
- Enhance the data processing infrastructure using open source
and commercial technologies
- Capture and define requirements for entity resolution features
and functionality from a UI end-user perspective
- Analyze documentation and source data of new data feeds
- Develop scripts to ETL source data into destination format
- Provide O&M monitoring and resolution of production web
services using monitoring tools including Ganglia, Jenkins, and
- Modify pipeline scripts to enhance functionality and support
- Resolve bugs by modifying pipeline scripts and entity
resolution explanation service scripts
- Coordinate development efforts in an agile team
You'd be a great fit if...
- You've obtained a BS degree and have five (5) years of relevant
experience. However, equivalent experience may be considered in
lieu of degree.
- You have three (3) or more years of experience using Hadoop or
other large-scale data warehouse technologies to support entity and
relationship resolution and operations
- You have one (1) year of experience in Apache, Spark, Hive,
Pig, ER Resolution Engines, Unix scripting, Novetta Entity
Analytics, Waremen Pro or similar ER engines
- You have a current Top Secret security clearance with SCI
eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph
It would be even better if you...
- Have hands on experience with any of the following
- Linux scripting
- AWK, PERL, BASH or other scripting language
- Jenkins configuration to perform O&M operations
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives
*This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret
security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate
must possess SCI eligibility.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Big Data Engineer, Analytics, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!