Information Security Specialist
Posted on: July 8, 2019
Peraton is seeking a motivated, customer oriented Information
Security Specialist to support our high-profile government
What you'll do...
- Test and operate firewalls, intrusion detection systems,
enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools.
- Safeguard the network against unauthorized infiltration,
modification, destruction or disclosure.
- Research, evaluate, test, recommend, communicate and implement
new security software or devices.
- Implement, enforce, communicate and develop security policies
or plans for data, software applications, hardware, and
- Provide information to management regarding the negative impact
caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to
- Provide recommendations on information assurance engineering
standards, implementation dependencies, and changing information
assurance related technologies.
You'd be a great fit if...
- You've obtained a BS degree (preferrably in mathematics,
telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering,
computer science). However, equivalent experience may be considered
in lieu of degree or a combination of a certification (systems
administrator or network certification) in addition to 6-8 years of
experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- You have two (2) or more years of relevant experience.
- You're knowledgeable and have experience with information
network security equipment.
- You can understand information network threats such as computer
- You are able to test and operate firewalls, intrusion detection
systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment
- You can safeguard the network against unauthorized
infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure.
- You're Security+ CE certified
- You have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
It'd be even better if you...
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can effectively manage
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Are an effective communicator and are able to interact with
various levels of senior management.
- Make decisions and resolve problems effectively - Seek out
information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best
solution or practice.
- Are a multi-tasker, work independently and as part of a team,
share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Information Security Specialist, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!