Sr. Systems Engineer - Managed Services
Company: Iron Bow Technologies
Posted on: July 9, 2019
At Iron Bow Technologies, we are looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer
within our growing Managed Services team is responsible for
managing the entire customer lifecycle across a broad customer
Responsibilities include remotely managing, supporting, and
updating Servers, Hypervisors, and related systems, security
policies, reacting and managing alerts from our RMM platform, as
well as proactive review and analysis of customer design and system
health. The position requires a strong, well rounded understanding
of IT Systems fundamentals and how they relate to provided services
within Windows Server, VMWare, Nutanix/AHV, as well as an
understanding of Disaster Recovery, Failover, and Site-to-Site
replication of systems.
The candidate must be comfortable working at a fast pace and
capable of managing day to day operational requirements as well as
strong note taking, documentation, and customer service skills.
Partial, scheduled, telework is available after the orientation
- Change management and trouble-shooting of modern IT Systems
including Windows Server, VMware, Backup Technologies, and various
Linux/Unix based appliance servers.
- Manage Nutanix clusters of various hypervisor technologies
(VMware, Hyper-V, AHV)
- Manage Active Directory, Group Memberships, Group Policies,
DNS, Sites & Services, DFS, and Microsoft replication
- Review and advise on future upgrades, optimizations, and new
technologies to better service our customers and efficiencies
- Work alongside Storage and Network engineers to diagnose,
analyze, and optimize storage network technologies and
- Work alongside a team of Cisco network engineers to
troubleshoot and diagnose performance issues, reporting, and
- Begin using a Dev Ops approach to scripting, automation and
gaining efficiencies among the team and our customer
- Work with Senior engineers and architects to test and validate
disaster recovery scenarios
- Perform on-call rotation (typically 1 week per 2 months), and
evenings/weekends on occasion for project work.
- 4+ years of related experience
- Extensive Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016 and
supporting knowledge around Active Directory and PowerShell.
Hyper-V experience a plus but not required.
- VMWare experience managing multi-site clusters and replication
- Eagerness to learn new and cutting edge technology using
in-house training, partner training, and lab technologies
- Strong ability to execute based on requirements, develop an
action plan, and update leadership while driving to completion
- Speaks clearly, confidently, and comfortably with the service
desk, leadership, and, most importantly, the customer
- Strong typed/written and verbal presentation skills
- Calm and focused ability to handle high pressure escalations,
staffing challenges, customer expectations, and solve the root
problems that generate out of the program
- Experience working in a customer-facing service desk
- Be a team player!
- US Citizen
Degrees and/or Certifications
- MCSE or higher, proficient with Windows Server technologies
- VMWare VCP or higher, with understanding in site-to-site
replication, storage, and virtual networking as it relates to
virtual machines within
- Bachelor's Degree in related field of Information Technology
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated
to successfully transforming technology investments into business
capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our
depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic
partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology
partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution
to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our
clients from planning and implementation through ongoing
maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong,
flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status, or any other protected class.
Keywords: Iron Bow Technologies, Chantilly , Sr. Systems Engineer - Managed Services, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!