Company: The RMR Group LLC
Posted on: September 11, 2019
The Tenant Coordinator (TC) reports to the Senior Property Manager
(SPM) and Property Manager (PM) and works directly with the
Building Engineer (BE) and Area Chief Engineer (ACE), providing
support as needed to all team members. It is the responsibility of
the TC not only to exhibit exceptional client service when
communicating with tenants, prospective tenants, vendors and team
members, but also to focus on productivity and results. The TC is
expected to assist the SPM and PM in the implementation and
administration of policies, procedures and programs on a day-to-day
basis that will assure that all projects are well managed and
executed. Team members are expected to assist with additional
assignments that may be requested by direct supervisors and to take
initiative in lending assistance to other members of the team. This
role is pivotal to the success of our operations.
* Open property management office (by or before 8 am) and close
office (at 5 pm or later), turn equipment on/off, lock/unlock all
* Answer general calls by third ring.
* Greet all visitors in a friendly manner.
* Send/distribute correspondence appropriately.
* Maintain postage meter and replenish as needed.
* Sign for deliveries and distribute appropriately.
* Open, sort and distribute mail appropriately.
* Keep work areas clean and organized.
* Keep waiting area, kitchen and conference room clean throughout
* Responsible for all aspects of the office furniture and
* Keep all notices, lists, etc. in office current.
* Compose and create correspondence and memos.
* Maintain all tenant and vendor files.
* Code invoices for portfolio.
* Process invoices and accounts payable.
* Track budget vs- actual costs for operating expenses (i.e.
one-time projects, tenant improvements, capital improvements,
* Ensure that expenses are paid in month budgeted.
* Review preliminary recurring charges, rent roll information and
roll forward from prior month s rent roll to current month s rent
roll. Test system for accuracy by reconciling with leasing startups
and rent changes.
* Manage field-level accounts receivable by accurate application of
cash deposits, coordinating collection issues with property
management personnel, and resolving misapplications.
* Prepare tenant bill-backs on a monthly basis (including utility
billings, work orders, labor charges, and after-hours HVAC
* Prepare and review tenant statements and manual invoices prior to
* Review and assist with preparation of annual tenant escalation
reconciliations, tenant escalation letters, and assist with tenant
questions and follow-up.
* Contribute to the maintenance of positive tenant relations by
professionally assisting with tenant questions relating to accounts
* Prepare vendor service contracts, construction contracts and
* Assist with vendor competitive bidding. Prepare RFPs, collect
proposals and create bid comparison worksheets.
* Prepare new tenant package including all forms, building
* Set up new and maintain existing tenant lease files.
* Process tenant requests via phone, email or Building Engines.
Follow up on work orders for maintenance staff.
* Update tenant contact information in Building Engines.
* Maintain updated monthly Tenant Parking Schedule and distribute
to PM and parking operator.
* Maintain updated monthly Janitorial S.F. Report and distribute to
PM and janitorial company.
* Issue all new building tenant keys and access cards as per
request by tenant and PM. Update Security Access Card list and bill
* Maintain key log and key box.
* Print or order new signage requested by Tenants or needed for new
tenants to the building.
* Maintain current certificate of insurance log for all tenants and
vendors. Track expiration dates and make sure that new certificates
of insurance are issued on time.
* Track monthly utility meter readings for back-charged utilities
to specific tenants, bill accordingly.
* Assist PM with preparation of annual budget as directed.
* Assist PM with preparation of annual operating expense and tax
* Assist with other special projects as needed.
* Bachelor s degree - minimum 3.0 GPA required. Preferred course of
study Business Administration, Real Estate or Accounting.
* One to two years experience in the real estate industry.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative and results driven
* Exceptional verbal, written and organizational skills.
* Excellent attendance is a requirement of the position.
* Excellent client service orientation.
* An assessment will be administered for computer and communication
* Must have intermediate to advanced MS Word and Excel
* Experience with financial issues and programs a plus. Experience
with Yardi, Building Engines, Argus are preferred.
* Ability to keep information strictly confidential.
* Positive attitude and highest level of professionalism.
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral
and written, with owners, tenants and coworkers; ability to develop
and sustain cooperative working relationships; professional phone
manner; mature and self-motivated team player with good
conflict-resolution skills; committed to personal growth and
integrity aligned with RMR objectives.
* Organizational/Multi-Task Skills Able to allocate one s time
effectively and manage tight deadlines; ability to work under
pressure and achieve quality results; ability to handle multiple
demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and
constant changes; results oriented, detail oriented and
* Decision Making Skill Able to resolve problems using facts and
sound reasoning; able to achieve goals using a strategic approach;
proven innovation with a willingness to manage and adapt to
* If, at any time, security clearance is required for your job
(e.g. you are assigned to work at a property leased by the Federal
government), being awarded such clearance will be a condition of
The RMR Group Inc. is a holding company and substantially all of
its business is conducted by its majority-owned subsidiary, The RMR
Group LLC. The RMR Group LLC is an alternative asset management
company that primarily provides management services to publicly
traded REITs and real estate related operating companies. As of
June 30, 2019, The RMR Group LLC had approximately $30.6 billion of
total assets under management, including more than 1,500
properties, and employed nearly 600 real estate professionals in
more than 30 offices throughout the United States; the companies
managed by The RMR Group LLC collectively had over 50,000
employees. The RMR Group Inc. is headquartered in Newton,
Massachusetts. To learn more about The RMR Group, please visit
The RMR Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applications will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you d like more
information on your EEO rights under the
Keywords: The RMR Group LLC, Chantilly , Tenant Coordinator, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!