MBSE Systems Engineer
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Business Group HighlightsIntelligenceThe Intelligence group
provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and
services, data analytics and software development to national and
military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the
Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence
group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing
trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative
solutions.ResponsibilitiesBe part of a fast-paced, high energy,
team as an early adopter and leader in the digital transformation
of systems engineering. To engineer increasingly complex systems
and capabilities, the government is transforming legacy systems
engineering methods and processes. Central to the transformation is
the adoption of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) as the means
to manage complexity, increase engineering quality, and ultimately
drive cost and schedule efficiencies into the acquisition process.
As an industry leader in systems engineering, Perspecta is actively
hiring MBSE modelers and subject matter experts to drive this
transformation across the government. Perspecta is seeking
candidates who can help lead the transformation through application
of MBSE industry best practices, develop MBSE processes and
methodologies to deliver effective mission solutions, and apply
MBSE experience to modeling mission systems. Duties and
- Responsible for participating in the adoption of MBSE in both
customer and company domains.
- Assess engineering artifacts and develop models of mission
systems using a MBSE tool suite that includes DOORS Next
Generation, Rhapsody and other COTS tools.
- Apply systems engineering modeling methodologies to develop
mission models. Demonstrated experience with UPDM or UAF meta-model
frameworks is desired.
- Define and demonstrate the appropriate data standards, data
structures, and supporting COTS, GOTS, and Open Source technologies
required to manage the data needs. These items are technical
resources in the development of customer mission-based models to
support major acquisitions.
- Integrate enterprise tools and develop MBSE-based processes to
support requirements engineering, the customer's ERB process,
CONOPS and architecture development, Risk, Issues and Opportunity
Management boards, schedule management, test and verification
strategy development, and system integration of new initiatives in
support of expanded mission capabilities.
- Facilitate collaborative meetings between the MBSE users and
the tool development team to communicate modeling needs and help
innovate potential solutions.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to senior managers
regarding the creation and implementation of new MBSE methods and
techniques.QualificationsRequires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to
8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD. Required Skills:
- BS in engineering, physics, programming or related technical
- Should understand how system requirements, design, analysis,
verification and validation activities are enabled by MBSE across
the digital thread (the engineering lifecycle). Foundational to
MBSE are tools, technologies, and methodologies that can
collectively be called digital engineering.
- The selected candidate should demonstrate experience with
industry MBSE tools and modeling methodologies to successfully
produce systems engineering models.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of UML / SysML
modeling languages and experience applying this common structure to
an MBSE solution.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using a Rhapsody, MagicDraw or
other UML based Architecture modeling tools.
- Knowledge of standard DoDAF architectural frameworks to include
UPDM and/or UAF.
- Experience with systems engineering processes in support of
system life cycle development.
- Basic knowledge of architecture, requirements engineering,
CONOPS development, verification, test and system integration to
accommodate End to End Systems Engineering.
- Experience in MBSE implementation ranging from conceptual to
physical implementations; including Data Modeling, Data Ingest, and
- Demonstrated communication skills especially with tools
developers and senior government officials.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect, and operate
effectively with various SETA, FFRDC, and the ability to lead and
- Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally in the
work environment with customers and colleagues.
- Responsible and reliable; follows up on actions and the ability
to multi task.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with poly, and be able to
successfully crossover with the supported client.Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with IBM's Rational Tool Suite, Rhapsody or other
UML based architecture and systems engineering tools
- Experience in identifying, architecting, and recommending
analytic technologies and solutions in a Big Data and Cloud
environment, especially those required for implementation
- Certified in one or more of the following: SAFe, ITIL, OMG
SysML, INCOSEAbout PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what
matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting
innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports
one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was
formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the
public sector?from investigative services and IT strategy to
systems work and next-generation engineering. Our promise is
simple: never stop solving our nation?s most complex challenges.
And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent
of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a
partner of choice across the entire sector. Perspecta is an AA/EEO
Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected
categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job
to a friendReferSorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.Share on
your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the
following provisionPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISIONThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , MBSE Systems Engineer, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!