Information Systems Security Officer II - Chantilly
Posted on: October 7, 2019
Business Group HighlightsIntelligenceThe Intelligence group
provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and
services, data analytics and software development to national and
military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the
Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence
group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing
trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative
solutions.ResponsibilitiesAn Information System Security Officer
(ISSO) includes skill requirements from a security office for all
information technology issues such as malicious code eradication,
configuration management, assessment and authorization of current
and future systems. ISSOs shall know how to implement common
information system security practices, policies, and technologies.
Additionally, ISSOs demonstrate self-motivation, initiative, sound
judgement, effective interpersonal skills, team building skills,
and effective communication skills. The Level-2 ISSO position is a
mid-level information system security professional that provides
advice and assistance to the Government regarding secure
configuration and operation of IT assets. Level-2 ISSOs apply
knowledge and experience with standard information system security
concepts, practices, and procedures. ISSO Level-2 contractors
should be able to perform the following responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis.
- Understand network and information system security principles
and best practices.
- Control, label, scan for viruses, and appropriately transfer
data (uploading/downloading) between information systems at varying
- Understand and apply network security principles, practices,
- Maintain a working knowledge of cross-functional integration of
information systems into a physical security environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of system functions, security
policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security
- Understand system methodologies including but not limited to
client servers, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers,
directory servers, firewalls, WAN, LAN, switches, and
routers.Detect and prevent computer security compromises in a
- Understand configuration management, system maintenance, and
- Proficiency in the use of tools to prevent and/or negate
- Understand COTS tools that scan at the physical layer of all
removable and fixed media types, including but not limited to: CDs,
hard drives, thumb drives, Zip/Jazz, etc.
- Decipher and explain in clear language Intelligence Community
Directive (ICD) 503.
- Support forensics and evidentiary preservation.
- Troubleshoot technical configurations and make recommendations
on the protection of classified and sensitive data.
- Translate technical information and information technology
jargon into plain English.
- Apply a risk management philosophy when faced with security
challenges and articulate the pros and cons in a clear concise
- Demonstrate proficiency with various computer operating
systems, including but not limited to: Microsoft Windows, LINUX,
UNIX, Mac OS, etc.
- Decipher complex technical configuration management
- Demonstrate proficiency with database maintenance.
- Elicit, articulate, and document information in a
- Be able to work independent of close supervision.
- Possess experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understand applicable IC and DoD policies, procedures and
operating instructions related to Information Technology,
Information Assurance, and Information Management (IT/IA/IM).
- Utilize excellent communication, interpersonal, and
team-building skills to engender rapport with the military
personnel, civilians, and other contractors at all levels.
- Prioritize work to meet deadlines and to manage the workflow of
the ISSO team.
- Correlate audit results between various systems and/or users
and notify the ISSM of any discrepancies.QualificationsThe
following qualifications are desired:a. Bachelor's Degree with 3
years of experienceb. Active TS/SCI with Polyc. Education relevant
to computer engineering, information security, information
management, and/or computer scienced. Experience in technical
project managemente. Any of the following certifications: GSEC,
Security+, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP, CAP,
GSLC, CISMAbout PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what
matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting
innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports
one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was
formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the
public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to
systems work and next-generation engineering. Our promise is
simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges.
And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent
of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a
partner of choice across the entire sector. Perspecta is an AA/EEO
Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected
categories.OptionsSorry the Share function is not working properly
at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.Share
on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the
following provisionPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISIONThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Information Systems Security Officer II - Chantilly, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!