Company: Helix Electric
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most successful
open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. Helix
Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of
electrical construction - design/build services, industrial and
commercial developments as well as government, institutional,
communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses
world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term
relationships and a high level of credibility with general
contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We have a
strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships
and h ave consistently provided new, cutting-edge product
To better support complex projects, Helix Electric has need for a
dynamic Apprentice Electrician. The successful electrician will be
part of a production driven team, performing electrical
installations and troubleshooting.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE: ---
- Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance and testing
of electrical equipment and wiring systems in commercial,
industrial and large multi-family settings.
- Prepares work area for installation of equipment.
- Installs or helps install electrical components.
- Connects wiring and equipment as per code and job
- Operates equipment only if trained and certified to operate.
(Note: Powder activated tools, and JLG lifts and other operations
that may require certification and training before operating).
- Sets up and operates tools such as hydraulic benders, power
threaders, power pullers and cable vacuum systems.
- Be able to read blueprints and electrical drawings and install
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or
- Secure and lock up equipment after use.
- A proven track record of delivering safe projects on schedule
and within budget.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & REQUIREMENTS:
Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location,
time of year, heat, cold, rain. Wear personal protective equipment
(hard hat, safety glasses at all times), respirator when required.
Able to work 8 -10 hours per day, 40 hours per week, and overtime
as required and night shifts. Includes crawling, standing,
stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to
routinely lift heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and
pulling of objects is required. Repetitive use of arms, hands and
fingers. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of the
***Must be actively enrolled in an apprenticeship program.\
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to
attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled
Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran.
Keywords: Helix Electric, Chantilly , Apprentice Electrician, Professions , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!