Company: Helix Electric
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Helix Electric, Inc. is one of the most successful open-shop
electrical contracting companies in the nation. Helix Electric has
expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical
construction - design/build services, industrial and commercial
developments as well as government, institutional, communications
and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class
technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a
high level of credibility with general contractors, utility and
power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and
extensive network of customer relationships and have consistently
provided new, cutting-edge product innovations. Helix Electric has
needs for Dynamic Licensed Journeyman Electricians Paying Top
Dollar. The successful electrician will be part of a production
driven team, performing electrical installations and
troubleshooting. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance and testing
of electrical equipment and wiring systems in commercial
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Proficient in bending conduit.
- Prepares work area for installation of equipment.
- Installs or helps install electrical components.
- Connects wiring and equipment as per code and job
- Operates equipment only if trained and certified to operate.
(Note: Powder activated tools, and JLG lifts and other operations
that may require certification and training before operating).
- Sets up and operates tools such as hydraulic benders, power
threaders, power pullers and cable vacuum systems.
- Be able to read blueprints and electrical drawings and install
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or
- Secure and lock up equipment after use.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
& REQUIREMENTS: Job requires working in all elements, depending on
job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain. Wear personal
protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times),
respirator when required. Able to work 8 -10 hours per day, 40
hours per week, and overtime as required and night shifts. Includes
crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling,
sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects in excess
of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects is required.
Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers. Physical work is a
primary part (more than 70%) of the job. Helix Electric is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in
our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the
best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era
Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates
are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to
developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity
of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected
Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: Helix Electric, Chantilly , Journeyman Electrician, Professions , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!