Cost Estimator Associate
Company: Quantech Services
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Quantech has an immediate opening for a Cost Estimator Associate
supporting the The Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center (AFNWC) Nuclear
Command, Control, and Communications Integration Directorate
(AFNWC/NC). The NC3 mission is to deliver integrated NC3
capabilities and ensures ongoing NC3 programs, legacy systems and
new capabilities are fully integrated as part of the Air Force's
overall effort to sustain, modernize, and recapitalize the nuclear
enterprise.The candidate shall be able to manage, oversee/lead, or
perform scientific work that involves designing, developing, and
adapting mathematical, statistical, econometric, and other
scientific methods and techniques. The work also involves analyzing
management problems and providing advice and insight about the
probable effects of alternative solutions to these problems. Duties
include but are not limited to:
- Develop life cycle cost estimates for DoD weapon system
programs (encryption devices and IT systems).
- Analyze historical data and develop analogies and cost
estimating relationships using regression analysis.
- Understand technology trends and analyze impact on cost.
- Interview functional specialists in support of estimating
- Develop risk distributions for cost driver variables & cost
estimating relationship equations.
- Analyze program schedules and quantify schedule
- Study, analyze, and develop metrics for complex modern software
- Build spreadsheet-based program cost models used as decision
- Apply statistics concepts to quantify probability of success
for program budget and schedule plans.
- Conduct business case analyses, trade studies and economic
- Use cost estimating outputs to assess the impact various
factors have on the costs to design, research, develop, operate,
maintain, and dispose of a particular weapon system.
- Analyze Contractor financial data using EVM measures of merit
to determine program viability with respect to cost, schedule, and
- Compliance with all cost estimating guidance including the
appropriate DoD, Air Force, AFMC, AFLCMC, or lower level policy,
publications, supplements, manuals, etc., as well as applicable
documents and regulations, systems, processes, and guides, as
required.Top Secret Clearance RequiredJob RequirementsTop Secret
- Professional knowledge of, and skill in applying a wide range
of theories, concepts, and methods of analytical, mathematical, or
statistical principles and practices to military weapons
- Experience using the ACEIT Tool Suite to perform all program
- Ability to communicate with multiple functional teams to gather
(programmatic/technical) data and translate it into cost impacts
for the government; ability to lead financial focused conversations
with cross functional teams.
- Minimum Recommended Education/Experience Requirements: BA/BS,
5-10 years of experience in the respective technical/professional
discipline being performed, of which 3 years must be in the DoD, or
15 years of directly related experience with proper
- COVID-19 Vaccination RequiredPlease see standard Work, Physical
and Mental Requirements for all Quantech roles.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office
environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets
and fax machines.
Physical Demands This is largely a sedentary role mostly sitting;
however, some filing may be required . This would require the
ability to move files, or boxes with file data, open filing
cabinets and bend or stand as necessary, ability to lift up to
Mental Demands: Reading; communicate effectively (verbal and
written); maintain emotional control and professionalism.
Security clearance requiredTOPSECTravelN/A
Bachelor's Level Degree
Keywords: Quantech Services, Chantilly , Cost Estimator Associate, Professions , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!