Guard Enterprise Cyber Operations Support (GECOS) - Cybersecurity Analyst
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Type of Requisition:RegularClearance Level Must Currently
Possess:Secret Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretSuitability:No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other
Required:Job Family:Information SecurityJob Description:Guard
Enterprise Cyber Operations Support (GECOS) - Cybersecurity
AnalystGDIT has an opening for a Cybersecurity Analyst position
supporting the Army National Guard (ARNG) in Chantilly, VA. This is
an IT Service Management contract in support of the operation,
modernization, expansion, and further evolution of the ARNG s
global Information Technology (IT) services including networking,
compute, storage, infrastructure, applications, hosting, and
program management services. The GECOS program supports the ARNG
enterprise IT infrastructure, its Wide Area Network (WAN),
authentication and directory services, cybersecurity, application
hosting, and associated services. GECOS uses ITIL best practices
framework as the basis for IT Service Management (ITSM) model. The
work includes the following:
- Operating the DoDIN-Army (National Guard) (DoDIN-A(NG) and
DoDIN-A(NG)-Secret (S) networks and maintaining service delivery
and cybersecurity of DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S networks and
- Supporting the DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S networks and
associated computing services from requirement identification to
service retirement / replacement.
- Ensuring continued security of the network and proactive
enhancement of cybersecurity to meet evolving and emerging threats,
to include compliance with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and
continuous monitoring requirements.
- Providing support to the 54 supported organizations (i.e., 50
states, three territories, and the District of Columbia) to ensure
flexible and responsive operation and defense of the network. Some
OCONUS travel might be required.
- Adhering to all Department of Defense (DoD) enterprise security
requirements to include those required by the Defense Information
Systems Agency (DISA) and the Department of the Army (DA); prepping
for and passing Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRIs),
obtaining and maintaining Authority to Connect (ATC) and Authority
to Operate (ATO) from the Designated Approving Authority (DAA);
ensuring compliance with all Secure Technical Implementation Guides
(STIGS) and required information assurance (IA) controls.
- Maintaining the lifecycle of all services, ensuring they meet
business needs, comply with Army directives and mandates, and are
in keeping with the future Joint Information Environment (JIE)
- Maintain continuity of service when primary support systems
operate in degraded mode per COOP.The ARNG SOC works to monitor
enterprise systems, defend against security breaches, and identify,
investigate, and mitigate cybersecurity threats. In support of the
SOC, the Watch SOC Team staff shall:
- Manage the operation of the SOC and the performance of
traditional SOC activities on behalf of ARNG 24/7/365 to protect
DoD information systems and infrastructure.
- Develop a SOC Communications Plan.
- Support the RCC-NG in the execution of traditional SOC
activities during COOP exercises at a designated COOP site. If it
becomes necessary to temporarily relocate SOC operations to a
selected alternate site for emergency or test scenarios, support
and extend normal SOC operations to that remote location.
- Provide technical reports to analyze and summarize the impact
of each significant incident and the recovery costs; the capability
and effectiveness of Computer Network Defense (CND) sensor coverage
and the O&M costs; and the number and categories of threats of
concern identified by the SOC and supplied to the SOC by external
- Author and implement custom detection content (e.g., reports,
assets, cases, connectors, customers, dashboards, field sets,
files, filters, integration commands, knowledge base, lists,
notifications, pattern discovery, query viewers, reports, rules,
stages, and users).
- Tune the SIEM and IDS/IPS events to minimize false
- Analyze and review monitoring SOC metrics.
- Evaluate and analyze hardware and software in coordination with
and support of the RCC-NG.
- Improve processes including developing and refining analysis
- Coordinate and report ISS related incidents.
- Provide support in assembling, evaluating, and monitoring
various intrusion detection sensors or tools and associated
- Provide DMA support services involving forensic analyses on a
variety of digital media devices and mediums to identify, reverse
engineer, and de obfuscate content related to an incident, such as
malicious content QUALIFICATIONS: Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 8 years IT relevant experience and 5 years SOC
- Experience managing firewall, IDS/IPS, and router ACL
- Experience with vulnerability management assessment and
- Possess the appropriate baseline certifications to achieve DoD
8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II
- Possess the appropriate DoD 8570 CSSP Analyst, Infrastructure,
or Incident Responder certification
- An active SECRET DoD clearance Desired Skills and Experience:
- Cisco Certification
- Palo Alto CertificationScheduled Weekly Hours:40Travel
Required:Less than 10% T elecommuting Options: OnsiteWork
Location:USA VA ChantillyAdditional Work Locations:COVID-19
Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to
all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees
and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require
employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the
federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.We are
GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government,
defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver.
Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical
missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in,
integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is
safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside
our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the
technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed
to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status, or any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Chantilly , Guard Enterprise Cyber Operations Support (GECOS) - Cybersecurity Analyst, Professions , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!