Supply Chain Analyst (Pharma)
Company: Granules Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: January 20, 2023
The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible to oversee the
administrative and analytical processes of Materials Management
operations, reporting to the Director Supply Chain Management. The
ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with
experience and interest for ensuring the efficiency in sourcing of
raw materials, manufacture products, store inventory and transport
shipments to CMO's, consumers or wholesalers. Responsible of
analyzing logistics data to refine the supply chain, negotiating
business relationships, and communicating with suppliers and
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in forecasting the production plan for quarterly
- Production planning based on the annual forecast.
- Update, review, and maintain customer forecast on monthly basis
and share with all vendors to provide visibility into purchasing
requirements of the company.
- Prepare forecast variance report on weekly/monthly basis.
- Facilitates the site batch disposition process, participates in
functional batch disposition meetings, and follows up on any
resulting actions with key stakeholders.
- Drives batch impacting events towards closure to facilitate
timely disposition of all relevant internal and external
- Monitors key milestones associated with the execution of the
order and effectively identifies potential risks to the
- Assesses potential issues against specific orders and
cross-functionally coordinates mitigation plans to maintain
original timeline or reduce delay and impact.
- Procuring materials in time from different Vendors for smooth
- Maintain a friendly and professional relationship with vendors
while promoting company initiatives and values.
- Work closely with third party co-packers and third-party
warehouses to ensure smooth flow of materials and products inbound
and outbound from each location.
- Implement lean manufacturing for lowering wastage and improving
- Ensure material receipts against the purchase orders to
facilitate timely processing of payments to the vendors working
closely with accounting team.
- Prepare and maintain master data sheets for packaging
operations at CMO's
- Inventory Management--- Reports on slow moving or obsolete
- Coordinate and verification for destruction certificate with
CMO's & 3PL.
- Manages PO / Order Tickets acknowledgement / acceptance process
and ensures this is done within agreed upon timelines.
- Creation of purchase orders in SAP and placing timely orders
with vendors based on the material lead times to ensure
uninterrupted supply of raw materials, packaging materials, and any
- Creation of process orders in SAP and batch processing of third
party manufactured batches.
- Creation of material masters, updating BOM's and recipes in
sync with new product developments and process improvements of
- Using the ERP system for setting up of new users, SKU's,
Locations, customers. Also creating Purchase orders, Sales orders
and managing inventory.
Cross Functional Coordination
- Work with cross functional teams for successful implementation
of Supply Chain process.
- Works with key internal and external stakeholders (Partners,
Finance, Tax, Quality, Operations, Warehouse & Logistics, CMO
teams, etc.) on maintaining existing tolling relationships.
Create and analyze reports, dashboards, and KPIs to monitor and
support business function.
OTHER or ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee inbound and outbound logistics of the entire
- Support other miscellaneous work as and when required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned at the discretion
Director of Supply Chain
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent attention to detail, exceptional analytical and
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner both
verbally and in writing
- Ability to utilize ERP information and analyze results
- Strong computer skills, including strong knowledge of Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Take initiative and has strong follow through.
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
Minimum Experience & Education
- Bachelors / 4- year college or university degree in Supply
Chain or related discipline
- 2 to 4 years' relevant work experience in the field of Supply
Chain/ Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in SAP - MM and PP modules is highly desired.
- Ability to work with cross functional groups and handle
difficult situations under pressure.
- Working with external vendors & CMO's and maintaining track of
all orders and production activities with thorough follow up
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- General office environment, ability to sit for long
Keywords: Granules Pharmaceuticals, Chantilly , Supply Chain Analyst (Pharma), Professions , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!