Senior Logistics Planner
Company: CACI International
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Senior Logistics PlannerJob Category: LogisticsTime Type: Full
timeMinimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI with
PolygraphEmployee Type: RegularPercentage of Travel Required: Up to
25%Type of Travel: LocalWhat Youll Get to Do:
- Think critically at the strategic and operational levels to
solve complex ambiguous Logistics problems.
- Plan logistics operations to include large complex moves.
- Coordinate logistics plans and operations with support and
- Review, analyze, measure and improve concepts, policies and
procedures. Integrates and coordinates all logistics functional
areas such as supply, transportation, medical logistics,
engineering, storage and the acquisition system into a cohesive and
comprehensive logistics plans.More About the Role:
- Responsible for planning multi-functional logistical operations
across the tactical, operational and strategic spectrum of
logistical functions of operations.
- Responsible for all matters involving interpretation,
formulation, and evaluation of executive policies and procedures
for designated planning efforts.
- Ensures plans meet the intent of the customer's strategy for
execution of all related operations. Identifies potential conflicts
and recommends resolutions.
- Identifies planning issues and provides briefings as
- Serves as the single point of contact for the status of
assigned plans and issues identified as high priority items by the
customer or Program Manager.
- Coordinates with and serves as the interface for the Program
- Responsible for maintaining close relationships to ensure
efficient mission accomplishment.
- Defines objectives and designates priorities to be assigned in
- Responsible for insuring all levels of assigned plans are
synchronized both internally and externally.
- Products of these efforts include development of mission
analysis, new concepts, decision papers, staff studies,
authoritative recommendations, and financial projections which upon
implementation would change a multiplicity of complex,
inter-related, missions and programs, e.g., methods of coordinating
and integrating operations activities into planning products for
- Plans and presents operations plans and projects to customers
- Monitors and coordinates a variety of the internal and external
personnel support or related requirements for Future and Current
- Oral and written communications skills, sufficient to work
issues at the appropriate level, to simplify complex tasks in order
to develop team work assignments, and to interface with key
decision-makers within the agency and outside.
- Comprehensive knowledge of requirements and capabilities as
well as timetables with an emphasis on crisis action procedures in
support of time-sensitive operations in support of real-world
- This knowledge is required to accurately represent the
requirements of the planner and operator in order to articulate
these requirements in terms of functional capabilities.
- Integrating logistics planning initiatives into supportable
- Manages the performance of logistics plans team.
- Manage multiple projects by utilizing strong written and oral
communication to establish priorities.
- Develop and maintain logistics support options cost-benefit
analysis, logistics-support-relate lessons learned, and an archive
of event support histories.Youll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and minimum
12 years of related work experience with a minimum of 5 yeas
experience with warehousing and logistics functions.
- Familiarity with government Property Control/Management.
Requires mastery of knowledge within multiple job areas typically
obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS) Graduate or
completed the Theater Sustainment Planners Course or
- US Citizenship, Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Single
Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with eligibility for
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrination.
- Requires a Full Scope Polygraph.These Qualifications Would be
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of adaptive and crisis planning process.
- Demonstrated skill in clear written and oral presentations is
essential to the proper conduct of duties.
- Advance experience and skills operating MS-Office Suite
including Word, Excel, Power Point. In-depth knowledge of the
unified/specified command structure and of DoD and IC organizations
Expert knowledge of the Military Decision Making Process, to
include the Deliberate, Adaptive, and Crisis-Action Planning
Processes.What We Can Offer You:
- Weve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to
balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our
solutions with the nations highest priorities.
- For over 60 years, the principles of CACIs unique,
character-based culture have been the driving force behind our
success.Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to
make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and
services in support of national security missions and government
transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian
customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities.As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any
federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination
requirements. All new hires are required to report their
Keywords: CACI International, Chantilly , Senior Logistics Planner, Professions , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!