Security Operation Center Analyst I
Company: Pentagon Federal Credit Union
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Security Operation Center Analyst I Summary PenFed is hiring a Security Operation Center Analyst I?in Chantilly, Virginia.?The primary purpose of this job is Perform complex analysis and incident response for the PenFed Security Operations Center.? Follow established procedure, and assists in modifying said procedures to protect PenFed data in internal and external systems used by the credit union. Act as the first line of defense for PenFed against all external attackers.? Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Conduct daily incident monitoring and response activities, including responding to potential ?network incidents during weekends, evenings and rotating on-call status.
- Perform a variety of Security Operations Functions such as alert triage, phishing investigation, and end user communications as needed
- Create reports from various IT Security systems for the purpose of monitoring critical activities and providing security metrics to IT Security management.
- Environment monitoring and development of thorough incident reports
- Delivering threat awareness and education briefings
- Documentation and technical writing requirements (performing research to compile and validate data)
- Maintaining technical proficiency in the use of tools, techniques and countermeasures
- Maintaining professional knowledge of trends in computer and network vulnerabilities and exploits.?
- Respond to requests for information in support of internal and external audits and examinations. Education and Experience Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor?s Degree in information technology or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in IT is required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in security is preferred.
- Desired Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a Network Operations Center(NOC) or Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Broad knowledge of network security concepts and operations
- Experience in server or network administration is preferred.
- Experience with SIEM such as Splunk and/or ArcSight is preferred
- Experience administering or working with open source and security tools preferred
- Scripting or programming experience highly preferred. Supervisory Responsibility
- This position will not supervise employees. Licenses and Certifications
- Must have at least one certification in the field of information security from a respectable security organization. Desirable certifications include, but not limited to:
- SEC +, GSEC, CEH or equivalent Certifications Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Travel Limited travel to various worksites is required. About?Us Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country?s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. Our mission isn?t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality. We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more. Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-289-4710.
Keywords: Pentagon Federal Credit Union, Chantilly , Security Operation Center Analyst I, Professions , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!