Associate Materials Handler
Company: Mercury Systems
Posted on: February 15, 2019
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Perform the daily assigned tasks by ensuring workmanship meets or exceeds customer and company requirements in order to add value to Mercury and its customers.
You are responsible for
- Accurately staging work orders for the production floor in advance of production schedules
- Accurately entering data into ERP system for stock locations, quantities and kitting
- The suppling and integrity of the materials used in the production
- Researching and solving inventory discrepancies
- Labeling and stocking material accurately and quickly
- Participating in reviews and analysis of inventory levels through physical counts
- Assisting with inventory management including: inventory turns, aging, and levels
- Assisting with controlling inventory levels to minimize material shortages, excess and obsolete inventory, while maximizing customer service, inventory turns, and accuracy
- Recommending process improvements to reduce and eliminate slow and/or dead inventory levels
- Providing support and back-up for the Receiving and Shipping team members
- Executing procedures, processes, and work instructions
- Managing work efforts * Recommending improvements
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associate's degree or some college (preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in inventory/material management
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working for a hardware technology company
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Basic skills in Microsoft products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint)
- Experience using Enterprise Management System (e.g. Epicor or equivalent)
- Strong negotiation, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of server components
- Must have an excellent understanding of manufacturing processes
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain highest level of professionalism under pressure
- Ability to use independent judgment
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations
Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is leading Commercial Provider of secure sensor and mission processing subsystems. We are pioneering a next generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the current industry's current and emerging technology needs. The size and makeup of our organization enable forward thinking, entrepreneurial professionals thrive and prosper.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
To find out more about what it's like working at Mercury, visit the Mercury Community or find answers to general questions at Mercury FAQs
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Mercury Systems, Chantilly , Associate Materials Handler, Professions , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!