Junior Cyber Security Analyst - Chantilly
Posted on: June 11, 2019
Peraton is seeking a Junior Watch Team Cyber Security Analyst in
support of Cybersecurity Operations for a high-profile government
What you'll do...
- Provide detection, identification, and reporting of possible
cyber attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse
- Use CND tools for continual monitoring and analysis of system
activity to identify malicious activity.
- Perform security event and incident correlation using
information gathered from a variety of sources within the
You'd be a great fit if...
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information
Mangaement, Computer Information Sytsems (CIS) or related field (or
equivalent experience in lieu of degree) and 1 - 2 years' relevant
- You have research and analytical skills and are able to
pinpoint significant patterns related to cyber threats, strong
organizational, presentation and communication skills.
- You have exposure to advanced use of forensic
- You have experience with investigating advanced persistent
threat (APT), hacker/breach investigations, intrusion analysis, and
advanced investigative strategies.
- You have experience with computer forensics methodology.
- You have in-depth Windows FAT and exFAT file system
- You have experience with forensic acquisition/analysis tactics;
memory acquisition & analysis.
- You have experience with live response & volatile evidence
- You have experience with system restore points & volume shadow
- You have experience with file system timeline analysis; super
- You have experience with file system and data layer
examination; metadata and file name layer examination.
- You have experience with file sorting and hash
- You have experience with file recovery and discovering unknown
malware on a host.
- You have experience with recovering key windows files.
- You have experience with indicators of compromise development &
- You have experience with step-by-step methodologies to
investigate intrusion cases.
- You have an active T S/SCI security clearance and
- You have a Security+ CE certification.
- You have or can obtain a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
certification wthin 6 month of start date.
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
*This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret
security clearance with polygraph.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Junior Cyber Security Analyst - Chantilly, Professions , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!